Random Family Pic from Russell's farewell weekend
#2 General Conference is something I really look forward to especially now that we can watch it from the comfort of our own home (we never had cable growing up so we had to either go to the church or invade a friend's house). I have a soft spot in my heart for Elder Wirthlin and always enjoy his talks. This time around I really liked Elder Bednar's thoughts on prayer. I kind of like it when things are spelled out, step by step. What was your favorite?
#3 Jessica and I have been working on a demo CD for her (she's a great singer and songwriter) This has been a little project we've been working on ever since we moved out here, and it's finally coming together somewhat, which is exciting. She has two friends in the music industry who are going to get her a deal on studio time, even though we did try faking it with garageband...but then Chris and I live on a pretty busy road, and having to stop and re-record after every time a motorcycle drove by was kind of a pain.
Side Rant: I am so done with Redondo Avenue. I will be on a conference call for work and without fail, every time, an ambulance will come wailing down the road and the siren will echo through every room in our apartment. There is nowhere to hide. I can never reach the mute button on the phone in time and people always comment "Julia, they taking you away in handcuffs over there?" In addition to the sirens there is a really pungent smell that will come and go for a couple of days at a time and hang around our neighborhood. Chris and I first thought it was some sort of stinky oceanic air but now I'm not so sure. So. I am ready to leave this apartment and upgrade to something in a quiet, sweet-smelling neighborhood with nice hardwood floors and a front room big enough for a baby grand. Oh, and I'd like to pay less than what we pay now...is that too much to ask?
#4 I have seriously tried to like John McCain but does he really think calling people "my friends" every 5 seconds is endearing?
#5 I am sad for Jarrell of Project Runway, even though it was obviously his time to go. The way he works reminds me of how I work: in creative messes. Why did I not inherit the meticulous engineering gene from my dad?
#6 I need to exercise but thus far in life I have resisted buying a gym membership and instead opted for community parks & rec classes. In Provo I took some great kickboxing and yoga classes that were only $2 a pop but here they're more expensive and less fun. Should I just cave and get a gym membership? Or keep finding another way around it?
#7 I think this is the most I have ever written on our blog. Yay for that.
6 comments:
Be my neighbor, be my neighbor! I so wish there was a unit available here so you could stay close by (really close) and be in a quiet area. I love this long update. Even the funny McCain comment!
Wow! A nice long blog to read. Keep up the good work. (If you can read 18 pages a day in the BofM you should be able to write a line for every page you read. Think of your blog as "the small plates."
Thanks for the great update Julia boolia! And my neighborhood stinks too! (it's the intermitent Jordan River smell - quite often a dead skunk smell (this place used to be called "Skunk Hollow" - who knew, they did not advertise that on the master plan). I had no idea it would be so pungent! I hope you post some of parts of Russell's emails so we can all read them?
XO
Aunt Barbie
Move here!!! It always smells good. Nice, fresh Pacific Northwest air. There's a nice little recording studio out in Hockinson that charges $50 an hour where Kristi Kunz and I went to make her CD. Down with stench.
Maman
What a fun post with so many little details. I loved your rant (but am sorry about Redondo Avenue...but now I know you live on Redondo Avenue). Good luck with the demo CD. That's really cool.
I forgot everything already I was going to comment back to other than Jerell on Project Runway. Was I the only one horribly disappointed in both his dresses and what they showed of his collection? Sad to say, but Kenley the brat did MUCH better.
We want to move SOOOOO bad, too, particularly since the murder in our complex. Pray we get a house soon!
Post a Comment