(Photos courtesy Denny)
He looks like a natural, no?
Denny, Grandma, Elder Giant, Grandpa & Barbie
Sporting the missionary 'do. A far cry from the mop he had his fist term at UW.
Grandpa ceremoniously pinning on the name tag.
I know Russell can't wait to rid himself of the "dork dot" after the first week is over.
"Good Luck" (in Tagalog) cake at Barbie's the night before.
We are sure going to miss him but know he will be a fantastic missionary. Thank you dear family members for making his going away special. I will likely be posting excerpts from his letters or updates from the field so stay tuned!
6 comments:
He is adorable! I never seen his picture! The filipino ladies will love him - tell him to stay strong!
Oh fun! Bummer you don't still live in Provo, though. We got to take Ryan's sister, and it was a pretty cool experience.
Hi Julia - This is your lucky Aunt Barbie - I pretended I was your mom as much as possible while we were at the MTC - he will be a fantastic missionary - he looked so handsome and TALL - I swear every other Elder at the MTC was five four!
XO
Aunt Barbie
Thank you, Julia!!!
Thank you one and all for giving Russell such a wonderful send-off and wonderful blog post. I'm proud of my missionary son. Get Britney Spears the heck off of this comment page. Baaaaaad girl.
Mother of Elder RH Higgins
We took 46 pictures while Russell was here but didn't get to take any at the MTC. Thanks for putting them on your blog, via Aunt Denny.
How's the Book of Mormon reading coming?
yes! lets definately go to a movie, we just need to find a night we can actually go out, between work and jason's calling I feel like we never have one night!!!! we haven't been to the temple in forever so we wanted to plan and do that, would you guys want to go with us and do sealings one time too?
Post a Comment