Sunday, September 14, 2008

Gone in WA and some thoughts

Julia went away this weekend to attend her younger brother's missionary farewell. I remember like it was yesterday that I left on my mission. What a special time of my life. Since it is Sunday I have felt the spirit a little stronger today. I love Sundays and this reason has changed over the years. In my younger years I just knew I couldn't swim or play with my friends. As I gained a testimony of the Sabbath Day I begin to love Sunday. When I became a freshman in college Sunday became my favorite day. I was in Idaho and as a group hundreds of kids would go sing hymns underneath the bleachers at the football stadium. It began as a way to socialize but I found myself going alone when no one else would go because i loved the spirit i felt there. Sundays are indeed special and even though I am not the best at keeping them holy 100% of the time (darn my obsession with sports!) I do feel the spirit more abundantly on this day. I know this is a blog and not my journal but for some reason I felt like writing down my feelings at this moment. I love my wife and I miss her but I am so grateful that we have the kind of relationship we have. I trust the spirit and He has guided us to this place in our lives and I know we will be guided forever.

3 comments:

The Oregonians said...

We really enjoyed reading your comments regarding Sundays. We could all benefit from your thoughts.
Julia---Sure was good to see you in Vancouver. How soon do you think we should start alearting people to our "challenge'?

Mark and Juli said...

qzxybaChris, You are the best. Sundays are great. Sounded like you feeling a little mellow. Is Julia from Vancouver? Our neice is marrying a guy from there. His name is Eric Mumau. Do you know the Mumaus from Vancouver? Just wondering. If you are ever in Y.L. come say hi.

Mark and Juli said...

qzxyba doesn't mean anything.