Sunday, June 29, 2008


















Suddenly I want to watch this, if just to see what I would look like if I were to take up karate.

12 comments:

Adrienne said...

didn't even know you had a blog. so happy to have found you!

Joey/Denny/Emma said...

Okay, Julia, I'm glad you brought this up because I have thought for a few years now that you and Hilary Swank look so much alike sometimes (although you're prettier). But I got on a Hillary Swank website once and was clicking on all these photos and saying, "Joe! Joe! Look...that could BE Julia.." So, yes, you like rad doing karate...

Joey/Denny/Emma said...

I mean you LOOK rad doing karate.

Anonymous said...

Just remember, Noriyuki (Pat) Morita is dead. Without Mr. Miyagi who will teach you high kicks and wisdom? Besides, next thing you know, you'd want to take up boxing..("The Next Million Dollar Kid"?) And looked what happened to Hillary in THAT one.
Better stick with piano and graphic arts.
G&G Hiatt

Anonymous said...

My face is red with shame. Make the previous comment read "Million Dollar Baby". (Don't want to bring on the wrath of Clint Eastwood.)
RGH

Anonymous said...

Anonymous III --
Make my face CRIMSON. It's
"Hilary" --one "L".
Moi

Julia Warren said...

And you call yourself a movie buff...sheesh :) I got your voicemail today grandpa, and I will give you a call when I get it--thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Picky, picky, picky all you people. Julia's piano teacher's HUSBAND thought she looked like Hilary Swank and just couldn't get off the subject. Imagine. Frank Yerden. Musical Minister of the First Church of ("We Hate Mormons") God even NOTICING that. That always cracked me up. When I watched "Million Dollar Karate Kid Baby" it was so eeeeerie watching Ms. Swank being Julia. The jaw, the mannerisms. Freaky Friday.
Maman

Anonymous said...

I just recently emailed your mom and was talking about this very subject. I've thought you looked like Hilary Swank for a long time, but I hadn't seen any of her recent movies. Then I rented "P.S. I Love You" and I couldn't stop thinking about it the whole movie. Have you ever tried the website

http://www.myheritage.com/face-recognition

where you upload a picture of yourself and it finds the closest matching celebrity? It'd be interesting to see your picture side-by-side with Hilary's.

Anonymous said...

Just don't rent "Boys Don't Cry".
Can't have anyone comparing Julia to a BOY.
rgh

Chris said...

Amy I tried that face recognition thing and for me it said i looked like Jimmy Buffet and then Fiona Apple!

Sarah McM said...

1) I bet she can cry on cue. You don't win Oscars if you can't cry on cue.

2) Ryan quotes this movie more often then I'd care to admit. "Where you learn tiger jump?" (It's not QUITE right but entertaining nonetheless.)

3) I just discovered (while looking for the tiger jump scene) that you can watch the WHOLE thing on YouTube. Why would anyone take the time to post "The Next Karate Kid" in its entirety on YouTube??