Saturday, July 5, 2008

San to the Fran: Re-Cap


















Absolutely gorgeous Golden Gate Bridge. The cables look like gigantic ropes of licorice.















Sarah and I got a laugh from this sign. Oops! There goes my missile!














Sarah and me in front of a cable car.



















I missed my flight back home all for a jar of Ghirardelli Chocolate Sauce (I tried to take it with me as carry-on and got busted) One hot fudge sundae later I realized it was so worth it.


















The Palace of Fine Arts, a giant classical gazebo with free-standing pillars featured in the frolicking scene from So I Married an Axe Murderer.














Feeding Swans at the Palace of Fine Arts park. Who knew swans ate grass?


















Sarah and I had a wonderful time. If we got tired of walking, we would just sit on a bench and talk and talk, then get our second wind and sight-see, then stop for ice cream and talk some more. Yay for great friends and spontaneous mid-week trips!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow --some great pictures of our Granddaughter. Merci beaucoup.
Aren't you glad you weren't ther in 1906?
G&G Hiatt

Jill said...

all of those photos look like they belong in a magazine. i need a new camera.

Sarah McM said...

I'm so glad dropping missles is only a misdemeanor.

Yay for this trip. I'll post a blog soon-ish, but I think I ought to catch up on the other things I did in California before SF.

Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Julia - The last picture of you is sooooo fake - I mean, come on, which photo-shop program did you use to get every feature so perfect?
XO
Aunt Barbie

Candace said...

Julia--

It's Candace Fielding. I found your blog through Craig and Veva. Looks like things are going well for you guys.

Hess Fam said...

WHAT? When did you go to San Fran? Looks like you had a fab time!

Kenny and Janelle said...

Julia, can one possibly that photogenic? Well, YOU are!!!
I love the swan feeding, I'll have to try that sometime.

Anonymous said...

Jooooolyaaaaaaaaaa! That's my place! I adore the golden gate bridge. I loved living there so much. It makes me homesick for The City to look at the pictures. So glad you had a chance to go with your friend. Don't forget - this is still my top pick for "meet you halfway" to spend time with you! You've got some beautiful pictures of it all. Love my girl. - Maman