Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Pacific Life Open!


Last weekend I went to the Pacific Life Open. This was better than Christmas day for Jessica. She is a huge tennis fan who loves Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal. So we headed out to the tourney with one mission: obtain pictures & autographs of tennis idols. Although we got there hours early, it would all come down to being at the right place at the right time.

The first Rafa sighting:

Jes was so bold, she shouted his name and even grabbed him by the arm to ask for a picture.

First try: Darn. Jessica is eclipsed by an over-sized tennis ball.

Second try: We actually asked him if he would please look up.

Third try: We got Rafa. The #2 Tennis player in the world.

But could we get #1? The King of the court?

We were tipped off by a nice lady in security that Federer would be warming up on court H. Yesss!


Check out that wind up!

Dingdingding. The king himself with my little Jes.

All smiles after the conquest.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some really good pictures, though we must admit that until you told us, we had no idea who those guys are. That looks like quite a stadium.
Love to you both,
G&G Hiatt

Julia Warren said...

It's ok, Grandpa. I had no idea who Rafael Nadal was until I met him.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes boldness pays off. Great pictures. It took a while to realize that Jessica's entire HEAD was behind that tennis ball.

I want some of your sunshine. We woke up to SNOW this morning. (March 28th). We go watch Russell in the first regatta of the season tomorrow.....brrrrrr.

p.s. Pleeeeease bear with older generation mother. If I want to log on to your blog just from wherever in the world I am and not find your email that you sent me that says click "here" (which I have been doing every time) what do I type in? Chris & Julia moving along? Blogspot in the universe.com?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the fun blog!! That is my first glimpse of Jessica in over a year.Hope you all are doing great. I too know nothing about tennis so just knew those two had to be special. Sorry I missed all of you while in LA area.
Be Happy
Gramma....

Sarah McM said...

I didn't know about this Federer/Nadal adventure! I'm jealous. Federer is so beautiful.