Sunday, March 9, 2008

Joy Ride #1



How do I love bike rides? Let me count the ways:

Getting outside after being cooped up indoors all day

It's like old times when I would ride my bike to Don's Country store for a laffy taffy and let the bag dangle off the handles

Rounding the last hill and seeing the glittering ocean


Not having to be embarrassed, since it is now cool to be green

Riding up to El Pollo Loco because I am addicted to it

Looking at interesting people


Interesting people not looking back at me because I am wearing tough-looking sunglasses

Discovering little neighborhoods I wouldn't have seen otherwise

Reminds me of a song by Queen that I am fond of

Hearing green birds chirping madly in the trees

Leg exercise

3 comments:

The Oregonians said...

WOW! A blog from the California couple. And we're the first to post a comment.
Great pics. We envy you the sunshine and the beaches and you're brave enough to cope with the traffic.
We hope to find this blog on a regular basis. Thanks for letting
us know about it.
Love to you both

Anonymous said...

I want to ride my BIIICYCLE BIIICYCLE!!!

Ang said...

Hey Julia and Chris! A blog! What fun. I'll be checking in often.