Wednesday, June 22, 2011

**Now that I am officially on maternity leave, I have had time to do things that I normally neglect. Like rotating the mattress, scrubbing the shower out with a toothbrush, and updating this blog!

This is SO long overdue, but for (soon to be born) posterity's sake, let me share some pics from my day as an audience member on the Ellen DeGeneres Mother's Day show:






























My pregnant friends Stephanie, Anna, Brittany and I filled our tanks before the show at the Original Bob's Big Boy.





















All 4 of us strolling into the restaurant well into our third trimesters was quite the sight.





















We made it to the Warner Brothers studio!




















At this point, Ellen is announcing that every last one of us expectant mothers is getting all of this stuff. Whoever spots my lanky arms up in the air gets a quarter!





















After a wonderful, whirlwind of a day, with red bags full of baby swag (and many more large boxes of things to be loaded into our cars a few hours later).

This was one of the coolest experiences of my life. I laughed, I cried, I said many prayers of gratitude, and now I have more beautiful, top-of-the line baby gear than I practically know what to do with. Ellen, I hope you got my thank you card!

2 comments:

Sarah McM said...

I totally see your arms! This confirms that you were sitting where I thought I spotted you in the back.

I see no mention of awkward Dancing With the Stars.

Andrea said...

You lucky, lucky girl. How fun!