Monday, May 25, 2009

A few shots from my recent business trip to the Big Apple:

























Oh, how I love Art Deco...the beautiful Chrysler building.





















Inside the Javits Center, where the trade show we attended was held.










































One of about a kazillion designerly things I photographed while shopping. You should have seen the price tags on some of these items. I can only dream!

























Giant Lollies at Dylan's Candy Bar...a Willy Wonka-esque candy store started by Ralph Lauren's daughter.
























Times Square



























What is it about gigantic advertisements that is so exciting?!






















Inside the World Financial Center, not far from Ground Zero.




















Strolling around a cute neighborhood called NoLita.


New York, I love you.

10 comments:

The Oregonians said...

"I like New York in June,
How about you?"
I like a Gershwin tune,
How about you?"
(Sing it if you know it...)

You look great in NYC.

Jill said...

Hmm... the closest my job has taken me to New York is Google Earth training. It was cool... but not exactly the real deal!

Hess Fam said...

of course YOU would love giant advertisements. you must look at them totally different from the rest of us non-designers!
i want to go to N.Y. so i can love N.Y.!
miss you!

Sean Sumsion said...

I vote you cutest designer.

Sean Sumsion said...

p.s. this Rachel
Don't be scared of Sean.

Bek said...

you guys should move there. you would love it.

Raini said...

What a fun trip for work! Hey if we move to NYC, you can come visit us! :) Yay for NY!

Trisha said...

I loved ny but don't think I could live there. Let's meetup for dinner somewhere in the middle so we can catch up and I can return your dishes. Email me so we can plan a date (if u dare to eat with our kids around)

Joey/Denny/Emma said...

Ohhh, I love NYC so very much. What a fun trip, Julia. Thanks for the pix!

Maman said...

Wow! What a fun trip. I love the Chrysler building, too. I want to be the Chrysler building. OK, so I want to be a horse, too. Decisions, decisions.