
Jessica didn't miss a note...or a lyric.
Thank you friends and family that came, especially Christopher for helping me lug around my giant keyboard.


Annnd...We're booked to perform in the future (and have the stage to ourselves!) so long as we can come up with 24 songs for a 2 hour set. The manager laughed when I told him we had about 8 original songs. Suggestions for covers anyone??


12 comments:
24 songs?!? Holy cow, that's a lot. You going to do February Snow? Way to go getting up there and performing. Looks like it was a lot of fun, and your keyboard looks incredible. (Dress it down next time, it's stealing the show.)
There's always "Blues in the Night"
Woo hoo! Way to go Julia and Jessica! You guys look great and sounds like you did an incredible job. OK, you can do this. I remember when my singer Jerry and I were performing at the Houston Yacht club and we had to do 48 songs a night. 4 hours. I took my stack of pop music that I knew, he had his stack, and we got together and went through each song LICKETY SPLIT and just play/sing a line or two and we'd say "that's good enough". We said it so many times and were going so fast we started saying "Godenov" (as in Alexander). Our agent booked us for an ongoing gig at the Yacht Club on Friday and Saturday nights and we only had 2 1/2 weeks to literally "get our act together." (I broke out in teeny little blisters on the inside of my bottom lip).
Suggestions: Fiona Apple's best, Jewel's best, maybe some Leeann Rimes, and what the heck is her name, I actually bought a recording of hers. I think she's from Canada, has brown hair, and does more ballade-type songs. Try Billy Joel's "Baby Grand" - great vocal and really great/jazzy piano accomp. Rock on. XO Maman
Congratulations. Isn't it wonderful to be able to take a creative effort to completion?
This fits with your mom's suggestion. A lot of Billy Joel is too low for women and sounds silly up an octave, but I looooove New York State of Mind with a female singer.
I really am so sad I missed. I will for sure be in for another performance. Congrats on the successful evening.
Jenny Lewis' "Black Sand" ... I so want to be there to see this!
or Rachel Yamagata stuff. or Neko Case. or the Beatles "Blackbird".
Oh how awesome! You are so talented! :) I want to see you two singing away... that would be amazing. :)
"Don't Get Around Much Anymore"
"Laura"
"Somewhere Over the Rainbow"
"Personality"
"Blues in the Night"
I want to come to next one and have a request: "Wandering Kid" from Saturday's Warrior.
"There's a picture on the wall; not even brave at all..."
Wish I knew about it...I would've packed up the kids and Kyle and watched. I need to see you, so I can return the dishes to you from your fab dinner (that was two months ago) and just to see you!!
Cover "I think we're alone now." This was the first thought that popped in my pea brain. You both rock. Literally.
Post a Comment