We're somewhat settled into our new place and I will eventually send a mass email with our new address. A few updates:
-I took a random quick business trip to Utah last week and got my first rental car...felt old & cool.
-Chris has been a top-scorer in his church ball games lately, but unfortunately injured his shoulder in last week's game. He seems to be recovering well though, although we still can't determine if his injury was a "stinger" "burner" "strain" or "sprain." (Can someone please explain the difference?)
-I bought a whole apple pie from Marie Callender's the other night on a whim and have been slowly eating it all on my own.
-We decided against getting a cat. And a couch. I don't want to forever deter my parents from coming to visit and our old sectional fits perfectly in the new living room.
-Design Miser is alive, which is where I will post recent design work and inspiration. Check back when you can.
And, for those of you who are not on Facebook here is my list of "25 things" as a bonus:
1. I work from home and my grooming habits are slowly falling apart. Right now I have bed hair and am wearing stretch pants.
2. My freshman year in college we had a fire alarm go off in the girls' dorm early one morning. I fled the building in my pajamas, barefoot, only to wait outside for an hour in freezing weather and snow. Other people were smart enough to put on shoes and a jacket before saving themselves.
3. When I was in 5th grade my teacher asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up and published it in the yearbook. I said "an artist and pianist." Wanting to be true to my word I majored in Design and minored in Music.
4. I once went through a phase where I ate the same thing for lunch every day: An onion bagel with mayo, feta cheese, cucumber and tomato. It was strangely delicious.
5. I am a horrible multi-tasker. I cannot talk on the phone and do anything at the same time. Or even talk to Chis and drive (well) at the same time. One thing I can do: Work and watch The Bachelor at the same time.
6. I love a fresh, white sheet of paper and an inky pen.
7. Before we started dating, I had a middle-school style crush on Chris. My way of making this known was to purposely not talk to him and then tell all my roommates I thought he was cute. Somehow this approach worked for me.
8. I was an industrial design major for one year in college until I discovered that my 3D visualizations skills are non-existent.
9. I have always been interested in starting my own business. When I was a kid, I had a business plan for a company called "Almost Edible" Soap...soap that smelled so good you would want to eat it.
10. My parents are both French speakers and my mom has taught for years and been involved in the French community. When I was young, I used to love when she would bring home leftover cheese, baguettes and eclairs from a class or get-together. I love French food, culture, language...but I've never been there.
11. My sister in law Jessica and I are so much alike I think we were destined to be related.
12. I passed up a job to work as a nanny on the island of Corsica for a summer and instead took a job in San Diego to be close to Chris. And I don't really regret it.
13. I have always been a fan of a classic prank call and pulled one very recently.
14. I was Washington's Junior Miss '03 and had to be judged on impromptu public speaking and interviewing. Instead of making me better, I think it ruined me for life...to this day I hate public speaking.
15. On the same note, my nickname in senior year English class was "Miss America" and I also hated that.
16. I had a paper route when I was in 8th grade and people were always shouting/heckling/honking at me from their cars. Once it startled me so badly I crashed my bike.
17. Chris and I were married just after Christmas and I can't think of a more romantic time of year to be wed.
18. My mom and I have always been close and I used to come home, sit on the kitchen counter, and talk to her for a couple hours every day after school.
19. I love the internet and my computer. It is like an extension of me and I feel completely out of sorts if I can't regularly check my email, blogs, news, download podcasts, watch free episodes, etc.
20. I once jumped off the 50 ft. bridge at Molten Falls and hurt my back so badly I thought it would never heal but I was too scared to tell my mom I thought I needed medical attention.
21. Portland is and always will be my favorite city.
22. The most fun date I have been on was one where we rented scooters and then proceeded to take them up Provo canyon, off-road, and across a shallow river. We basically destroyed the scooters and had to pay to have them repaired. But man, was it fun.
23. I love to eat out. It doesn't matter if it's something fancy or just Hometown Buffet, I always get really really excited to go out to eat.
24. Chris and I share one car right now. I hate the idea of buying another so I continue to make decisions on where I'm going to go any given day based on if I can ride my bike to it.
25. I am terribly distractable and need to stop doing this and get back to work.
6 comments:
Finally! Back in from banishment. Yeah for 25 things list!
stinger = essentially like hitting your funny bone in terms of damage done to the area. everything goes numb and tingly at first and you usually think you dislocated it but it is normally go to go later the same day. a strain or sprain is when there is alil more damage done and inflamation wether visible or not occurs from blunt trama or stretching the tendon/muscule past its range - longer to heal
how you feeling away? missed at bball tonight.
matthew
I was so confused when I saw that 'I' had already commented. That sneaky little Matthie!
I just rented a car yesterday while Matthew's car is in the shop. I not only felt like an old business woman...I felt sad that I was dropping this money in the same city that I live. I just wish I was renting a car on an awesome vacation!
and 3...I LOVE your new designs. You are amazing!
jigs! i love your header! how did you do it- on illustrator i presume? i am in my pjs all day...just don't tell anyone i am slightly ashamed. love your 25 things. muah!
I love your childhood business idea. I think it could be a hit right now if the graphic design thing doesn't work out for ya.
26. You had your apendix removed while enroute to BYU for your freshman year and your Mom rented an R rated movie for you to watch in the hospital. (But it was Grandpa's fault.)
Post a Comment