I mentioned this in a previous post and never followed up, but Jessica's Demo that I helped with is finished. Have a listen and feel free to pass the link on to your music executive friend at Deseret Book!

Also. We are moving to Fullerton next week so our blog will need a new name (what was I thinking giving it a place-name anyway?) Suggestions?
juliahwarren.com is 95% complete. Just have to get the illustration & pattern content finished. So. Close. Must. Keep. Going. I am also getting my design blog up too, finally. I spent a good 2 hours trying to figure out how to replace the default Blogger favicon (the little square icon in up in the tabs) with a custom one. Was it worth it? Wish I could say it was.
Christopher and I got to go to a Laker game a few days ago and we ran into his favorite local radio sports commentator, Vic "the Brick" Jacobs. Chris totally acted like they were old friends and got a picture with him. It was fun.

juliahwarren.com is 95% complete. Just have to get the illustration & pattern content finished. So. Close. Must. Keep. Going. I am also getting my design blog up too, finally. I spent a good 2 hours trying to figure out how to replace the default Blogger favicon (the little square icon in up in the tabs) with a custom one. Was it worth it? Wish I could say it was.
Christopher and I got to go to a Laker game a few days ago and we ran into his favorite local radio sports commentator, Vic "the Brick" Jacobs. Chris totally acted like they were old friends and got a picture with him. It was fun.

We still have a Christmas-themed blog header and I really need to do something about that. Again, over-specific and what was I thinking. A general winter theme will do next year.
As part of a New Year's resolution, Chris is in a weight-loss competition with his friend Sean for the next few months. I know I need to start cooking again soon because salads from Jack in the Box will only get him so far. May the best man win!
We've loved getting email from Russell and this week as another good one. He is working so hard and the people there think he has a "cute nose."
With every move, I get the overwhelming urge to buy stuff for our new place. This time around I want a new couch new couch and a kitten (don't tell my dad--he will never want to come visit us). I am going to open this one up to those of you who have cats...do we dare?
Well, wish us luck as we pack up the last few boxes. And come visit as we will be living in a more respectable neighborhood this time around. I might even get the sudden urge to buy a futon! Watch out.
16 comments:
Yes on the couch AND on the kitten, although the kitten might have his way with the couch.
Before Forrest and I had kids, we had two cats (Dimitri was especially well loved and we were devastated when he got hit by a car. The day we were supposed to leave for a trip up to La Grande, in fact.) When our kids were small we were catless for quite a while, but we got Buttercup (Kitty Kitty Hallstrom) when Jonas was four. She's still around, mostly bugging me, yowling at 4 in the morning. But the kids love her.
So despite the fact that Buttercup and I have a strained relationship, I would still say yes to the kitten. He might turn out to be a Dimitri (although hopefully not end UP like Dimitri.)
Oh how I hate reading this public announcement of you moving. I'm STILL depressed. Your photo shoot is so hot! And I say no on the kitten...only because that just one more thing to clean...and I wouldn't do that to myself! Trisha would disagree with me!
I enjoyed this post- you and jessica and chris are superstars!
I enjoy cats. Joe does not. We will never get one. But I've had two in my previous lives, one named Lily and one named Roxy. I kinda like cats' "don't-mess-with-me" attitude. They need you, but they're never gonna let you know it. They're cool. I like how when you're reading the newspaper they just plop right down on top of the paper in your lap. I like how they purr and lick their paws. They're elegant. My vote is yes, get one.
Wonder of wonders,
Miracle of miracles!
Julia's blog's alive and well.
And as it did some time ago,a month or so,
Has a picture that's really swell.
(C'mon, campers, you know the tune)
Wonder of wonders,
Miracle of miracles!
Julia and Chris are on their way.
They're going to live in Fullerton (that should be fun)
Tell us: when is moving day?
Julia says she wants a cat
(That is debatable)
And wants to know what we think of that
(That is debatable, too)
But of all her comments great and small,
The most hilarious one of all
Is the one we think is quite a hoot
Natives think Russell's....nose...
is...cute!
(With apologies to Sheldon Harnick)
i love those photos!
Great song lyrics, Dad!!
Thank you. Coming from a former bottle dancer, that's high praise.
Noooooooo! Dad just said, and I quote "if Julia gets a cat then I can never come and visit her." He had to sleep on Barbie's porch once. In the winter time. Get a....a....a fish! Name her Pinkie. Better yet, Penelope! Penelope Warren. (I almost said Penelope Higgins). (She got fried).
Great song, dad! I sang it in my head all the way through. Very, very clever.
2 gorgeous girls in that pic. Although I always do a double take on the brownie.
What if I got a hypoallergenic cat? And loved the lyrics too Grandpa.
Hot tomale!!! Julia, I only see photos like these in magazines AND on your blog! Great photos!
Welcome back Julia! I say yes get a cat. But then, where do you put the litter box? And where do you put your dad when he comes to visit you? I still feel bad about the deck episode way back when. We had a cat that Amy named Christie. She had a litter of kittens - "Magic" (after Magic Johnson) "Sumo" and I can't remember the names of the other three. We kept Magic. He was a dimwit. He would run into walls. But he was gorgeous - shiny black and white. Christie ended up as a one-eyed cat, but we had her for years.
and yes, they do claw the furniture. I would never have another cat.
I say don't get a cat :)
Barbie
If you get a fish, as your Mom suggested, you absolutely must name it "Wanda".
You need a new couch? What's wrong with the big black one? I also vote NO on the cat. Then we can't come and visit you either. Jeff is very allergic. Plus cats aren't very good with/for babies and cleanliness either. Wait on the mammal pets until after kids arrive, then they enjoy them longer.
I always vote yes on pets. We've talked about getting a cat for Ralph to pal around with (since his best friend Oreo died,) but Ryan just can't bring himself to subject his allergies to such an attack. (The cat was his idea in the first place.) That being said, hypoallergenic cats are insanely expensive, I just learned.
which song was it? and what did you do again? i can't remember?
Post a Comment