That's what Chris said to me on Monday. It was rainy, cold, and we had no plans for our afternoon off. We headed into Circuit City hoping to find some screaming deals on flat screen TVs, but left unimpressed and empty handed. So I suggested we hit up the music store down the street. Which is where I fell in love with this baby:

I'd been talking about buying a keyboard already for months. Lucky for me, the music store had a huge selection. And they were having a President's Day sale. The perfect storm.
Although it would be great to have a real piano, at this point in our apartment-dwelling lives I am really excited about my Yamaha mm8. It has a full keyboard with weighted, graded keys, a lovely grand piano sound, and hundreds of other sounds and features for songwriting, arranging and recording, which is what really sold me. Hooray for big purchases! (and thanks for indulging me Christopher, I know it's not exactly what you had in mind...:)
5 comments:
Yay! I have been wanting to get Dave one of those too. He loves piano but we don't have one so he never gets to play. I think I should get it for his b-day... hmmmm, you gave me a great idea. Hope your loving your new town!
ooohhhh....!
I'll bet Rachmaninoff sounds pretty good on your new piano.
Enjoy.
To get the record straight I was just saying that and that was something I never say! I think Julia took full advantage of my uncensored words.
Chris, don't apologize!!! What a fun thing for a husband to say! Ok, ok, I understand. And I believe you. And it was VERY nice of you to go home with a keyboard and not a flat screen TV. Shows you are a cultured and refined man. Have fun with it, guys. Now you can call people up and accompany and sing all the Primary birthday songs to them with a different sound for each song. 3/31 coming up. xxxxx
Post a Comment