Saturday, November 29, 2008

San Clemente Holiday

The day after a wonderful Thanksgiving (Thank you Grandma Nielson!) Chis and I took off for a night of camping in San Clemente. We hadn't been wandering around on the beach long until Chris suggested we take pictures of ourselves jumping off of stuff (one of our favorite pastimes, if you didn't already know). Anyway, Chris is a great photog and captured some sweet shots of me. Like this one, where I am strangely making casual eye contact with the camera:

































































I did not have the same success behind the camera and ended up with a dozen or so shots of Chris either landing or barely getting off the ground. Ah well. You will just have to take my word that he looks awesome in mid-jump.















































You know who else looks awesome in mid-jump? My mom and her sisters:

13 comments:

Ang said...

Those pics of you are so dang cool! But that picture of "the sisters" at the end is the absolute best.

Hess Fam said...

Even more sad that we weren't there to enjoy!

Anonymous said...

your mom and Denny and I thought we looked just like you when we jumped - it's such a shock to realize we soooo don't. Thanks for the great pictures and the great laugh at the end :)
XO
Aunt BArbie

andrea said...

Where did you get that vertical???

Very impressive.

And LOVE the last one! Too funny.

We need more jumping pics in our family. We'll need a super fast shutter speed to catch me mid-air.

The Oregonians said...

When and where was that picture of those three little girls of ours taken?
Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Jeff & Johanna said...

Sweet action shots. We can see where you get your mad mid-air posing skills with the last photo! I am so excited to see you in a few days!

Joey/Denny/Emma said...

I love those photos!! You look so cool frozen in mid-air. And I remember "leaping" off the picnic bench at Morgan Lake. I'll blame my bad hip for not being able to jump very high.

Jill said...

ok first off, is that le slouch i see?! secondly, i love you mom and auntie's jumping! thirdly, camping at the end of november sounded crazy until i remembered you don't live up here anymore!

Sarah McM said...

I love jumping pictures. One year for Christmas I took pictures of my sister's kids doing crazy jumps on the trampoline and photoshopped them onto cool backgrounds. One kid was flying with Superman, one was bungee jumping, one was skydiving, and one was under the big top at a circus. I would like to see you do the same now. Thank you.

Gasaway Family said...

Great jumping pictures! It's so fun to check in on your blog to see what you guys are up to. We need to get your address so we can send you a Christmas card. You can either email it or leave a comment on our blog. Thanks!

Our Fun Times said...

Okay, this is hilarious! Thankyou for sharing these stellar pictures! :) Julia, you look good mid air! :)

Julie said...

How on earth did you take those? What were you jumping from? I remember the FEELING I had when trying to jump off the picnic bench at Morgan lake. I wasn't wearing tennis shoes and knew I would crack something if I truly jumped and landed on a hard surface. Those pictures are amazing!
Maman

Valerie said...

Cool pics! I think Chris needs to take up a second job as a photographer! Totally rad.