Julia is the one in charge of dinner and this experience confirms once again that whatever i touch in the kitchen does not turn out well! She asked me to do 2 simple things, cook the veggies and the couscous. Well the veggies were easy but as I poured out some of the couscous I noticed a little bug climbing next to the food, not noticing that there were many black dots (there are not supposed to be black dots in couscous) in the couscous and they were actually baby beetles! Much to my dismay I poured out the dry couscous and this is what I found, my appetite was gone (which is not an easy task if you can tell by the photos). This was one of the most disgusting food experiences I have had in my entire life!
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Couscous anyone?
Julia is the one in charge of dinner and this experience confirms once again that whatever i touch in the kitchen does not turn out well! She asked me to do 2 simple things, cook the veggies and the couscous. Well the veggies were easy but as I poured out some of the couscous I noticed a little bug climbing next to the food, not noticing that there were many black dots (there are not supposed to be black dots in couscous) in the couscous and they were actually baby beetles! Much to my dismay I poured out the dry couscous and this is what I found, my appetite was gone (which is not an easy task if you can tell by the photos). This was one of the most disgusting food experiences I have had in my entire life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
click on the image to see a closer view
eww!
YUM! add some flavoring to that bland old couscous!!! haha!
-russruss
Julia Child is rolling over in her grave and the Galloping Gourmet just fell off his horse.
Is this one of the benefits of living in California?
G&G Hiatt
Blech! But still fun to read about! Loved reading the whole series of new posts. And Julia, yes, you look very darling with bangs.
Just thinking about the infested couscous makes me feel all itchy.
SOOOOOOOOOO GROSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!
It is reminiscent of the countless cockroaches large and small that made an unforgettable imprint on the frontal lobes of my brain whilst living in south Texas. Get me away from the critters.
Chris, seriously, consider moving a little farther north....like Portland, OR. Someday the Blazers will come back in all their glory. (I'll make you cheeseballs to your heart's desire.....sans beetles).
Love,
B. Mom
Post a Comment