Saturday, July 10, 2010



















This is Brooke, my old college roommate. I came to Zion to see her be wed.
























But first, no visit to Zion is complete without a stop at temple square.







































































I love the Salt Lake Temple. Its power eminates from the inside out.
























It was wonderful to walk around alone and soak it all in.


















Later, at the reception...more of my old roomies. I can hardly believe I'm not wearing heels here.


















Beautiful Brenda and me. Her cute son had me laughing all through the reception.
























Brooke, the beaming bride.


















A trip to Zion is also not complete without a visit with my extended family. Here I am with cousin Tony & Cindy's kids (I love the expression on Barbie's face here).


















With the Hallstrom cousins...they are so grown up/smart/funny/cute. I'm so glad I got to see them before they move back up to Minnesota.

We also got a visit from Denny, Joe and cousin Emma, cute as a bug, who sang us many songs including the classic "Peanut Butter and Jelly" (then you take the bread and you spread it, you spread it...)

























And last but not least, here's Grandpa Hiatt looking menacing. I was able to stay with my wonderful Grandparents (the dreamparents, as they're known) while I was in town. We dined at Chuck-a-Rama, sang "Blues in the Night," and watched Once Upon a Mattress.

I love my friends and family in Zion.

5 comments:

Joey/Denny/Emma said...

It was so much fun to see you, Julia -- Wish we could have talked longer. You are such a dear.

Sarah McM said...

Oh Utah, how lovely. You look fab, as always.

Aunt Barbie said...

Oh Julia it was so much fun to see you in all your gloriousness! I'm so glad the little kids know who you are and they love you too!
XO
Aunt Barbie

Bek said...

you=gorgeous

Julie said...

hmmmm....only 2 or 3 pictures came through. I don't know what's wrong.