
If I could add another category it would be a combination of partial nudity and a formal piano recital where I play a completely improvised piece because I have nothing else prepared.
Please share yours. I know you have them...
Please share yours. I know you have them...
4 comments:
1. Driving on high bridges
2. Driving around and around in a parking garage
3. Performance dreams where I'm frantically trying to organize sheet music that's falling over or scrambling to find an elusive page number in a book while the audience waits.
1. The curtain is going up, I'm making my entrance stage right and have absolutely no idea what my line is.
2. We open in three hours and there is no set up and not one member of the stage crew has any idea of where the flats are.
3. Climbing a hill and suddenly, without warning, coming to a sheer drop off overlooking a lake about 500 feet below.
1) Trying to drive on water or driving over a bridge and falling into water.
2) Meeting Oprah.
3) Being told as I walk into a theater that I'm not there to watch, I'm supposed to be onstage RIGHT THAT SECOND, and I don't even know the show.
4) Having to take a final and realizing I've never once been to that class.
Seems like anyone who has ever been on stage has impromptu performance dreams.
1. Being back in school at La Grande Junior High and realizing that, at my current age, I haven't graduated from High School! This bothers me because I always remember in this recurring dream that I have a college degree. I am hoping against hope to find this one class I need to get credit in order to graduate. It's some kind of a science class, but I'm not sure. It is the last day of school. I am hoping to go in and learn everything I need to know in just one period. I have to go back to the office, though, to ask them just exactly what my schedule of classes is and I don't know where anything in the building is and I can't find my locker.....I hate this dream.
2. Dreams of Max, our iguana. All of a sudden there are 40 Maxes all squirming around in a closet! Or there are just a bunch of snakes with a Max-like pattern.
3. Being in public in a state of undress. I don't know why I keep showing up in my dreams with no top on. It is the worst. In my dream I realize I keep making a habit of this and as I am walking out into the street in a downtown area, encountering people that I know, I ask myself, in my dream "why don't I ever bring a shirt with me...this is embarrassing." I then frantically try to ask anyone for any kind of covering (shirt, pillowcase, hunk of fabric), or I duck into a store to "emergency buy" a dress or a blouse and just try to find my size as quickly as possible while I stand there half naked. I always plan on making it a hasty credit card transaction to save as much time as possible.
Post a Comment